Stress is a normal part of life. Our bodies were designed to respond to stress, and we even need it in small doses to perform our best. But when stress becomes chronic, it can make you feel out of control and lead to health problems like high blood pressure, lower immunity, and depression.
In this segment of 5 Minutes to Fabulous here are 5 tips to live a stress-free life in 2023.
- Practice meditation at least once per week. Learn how to be grateful: When we are grateful for what we have, we feel less stressed because we realize how lucky we are to have what we want and need in our lives.
- Take time for yourself every day, even if it’s just for 15 minutes. Take some time off work every day. Working long hours each day can make you feel very stressed out, so try taking an hour off every day so you can decompress a little bit before going back into the office again. Go for a walk or enjoy some alone time in the evening after work so that you feel refreshed when you start working again the next day!
- Don’t overcommit yourself or take on too much responsibility at work or home — that way, if things start to get overwhelming, you can back out gracefully before it becomes an issue.
- Find something that makes you laugh every day (or at least once per week) — whether it’s watching funny videos online or hanging out with friends who make you laugh until your sides hurt!
- Exercise regularly and eat healthy food – I don’t have to elaborate on this tip too much because we all know what foods we should and not eat and how important it is to move our bodies. Start with this simple hack: Swap out one meal a day for a healthier choice. It’s as simple as that. Also, fifteen minutes of concentrated exercise every day is better than no exercise all week. It’s time to put our health first because we only get one body and one chance at this life. Make it count. Before you know it you will not only be feeling better but looking better.
Life will always be stressful. It’s a fact of life. But that doesn’t mean you have to let stress control your life. In fact, it’s completely possible to live a stress-free life — if you’re willing to make some changes. I hope these simple tips help you to destress and enjoy life more.
2x International Bestselling Author and Host of the TV Show, 5 Minutes to Fabulous